Hi! 👋 I'm Roel Van Gils.
I am an experienced Digital Accessibility Consultant. Since around 2006, I help organisations build websites, apps and services that anyone can use — including people with sensory, physical and cognitive disabilities.
- I am experienced with modern accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1, EN 301 549) and Inclusive Design best practices.
- As a teacher and workshop facilitator, I have taught 1000+ digital professionals and students about accessibility and Inclusive Design (both as a guest lecturer and through in-company training).
- In 2006, I co-founded AnySurfer, a non-profit organization that strives for a more accessible internet for everyone.
- In 2018, I founded Eleven Ways. We help teams build better digital products by including users with a disability early in the design process.
- I'm a Certified Web Accessibility Specialist (IAAP-WAS) and have worked in Web Development and User Experience Design roles since 2000.
- I consulted for European banks and 50+ public sector organisations in the Benelux area, I worked on the Design System of the European Commission's web presence, I helped establish accessibility policies for the Belgian government and have contributed to W3C standards.
Need help with digital accessibility?
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow me on Twitter or reach out on LinkedIn to get in touch. For urgent matters, I carry a phone with me as well: +32 473 88 18 06. On Medium, I sometimes write on the topic of digital accessibility (mostly in Dutch).